Reduce your Flood Risk
MAKE YOUR HOME FLOOD RESISTANT
Know the Risk
- Do you live in flood affected area?
- Check online flood mapping for your area
- Check flood points in your home (as per checklist attached)
Make a Plan
- Make a plan in Preparation for flooding
- Make sure everyone in your home or business knows what to do
Repair and Seal
- Check all windows and any external openings and use Silicone Sealant, expandable foam or adhesive patches to seal
Have the Right Flood Protection Products
- Make sure you have the right products for your home
- Door Barrier, Brick Vent Covers, Toilet Bladders etc.
Q - What size doorway does the Barrier cover?
A - Reveal width from 780mm (30.7 inches) to 1100mm (43.3 inches) and from 660mm (65.3 inches) to wider openings with Multiple Barriers and Extension Pole.
Q - What if my doorway width is 1120mm (44.8 inches) to 1650mm (64.9 inches)?
A - Currently our Barriers do not fit these reveal widths
Q - What depth does the reveal need to be for the barrier to fit?
A - 75mm (2.9 inches) and if you are using the Extension Pole 120mm (4.7 inches)
Q - What is a Reveal?
A - This is the surrounding area of your doorway
Q - Can I put the Barrier in a Doorframe ?
A - We do not recommend this as water may come in through door frame surrounds. However if your door frame is fully sealed it is possible
Q - How long does it take to position the Barrier in place?
A - Maximum four minutes